ADMISSION FOR B.TECH
● Institute of Engineering and Management (IEM), Salt Lake, Kolkata
● University of Engineering and Management (UEM), Kolkata
● Heritage Institute of Technology, West Bengal
● Techno India, West Bengal
● B. P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology,West Bengal
● St. Thomas’ College of Engineering and Technology, Kolkata
● RV College of Engineering, Bengaluru
● BMS College of Engineering (BMSCE), Bengaluru
● People’s Education Society (PES) University, Bengaluru
● Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Bhubaneswar
● Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Tamil Nadu
● SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Bengaluru
● Haldia Institute of Technology, West Bengal
● Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology(MSIT), Kolkata
● Academy of Technology (AOT),West Bengal
● MCKV Institute of Engineering,West Bengal
● Future Institute of Engineering and Management,West Bengal
● Netaji Subhash Engineering College, Kolkata,West Bengal
● Bangalore Institute of Technology (BIT), Bangalore
● Dayanand Sagar Main Campus, Bangalore
● University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPS), Uttarakhand
● ITS Engineering College, Uttar Pradesh
● MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
● Christ University, Bengaluru
● Presidency University, Bengaluru
● Oxford College of Science, Bengaluru
● Amity University, Kolkata
● Manipal University, Bengaluru
● Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology (VIIT), Pune
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Course:
Eligibility criteria for admissions into BTech colleges are almost similar throughout the country. The basic criteria for admission are as follows:
- Passed 12th standard with science stream having Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as the subjects.
- Secured at least 50% marks in each of the aforementioned subjects.
- Students who come under the category of SC/ST are eligible for 5% relaxation in the aggregate and qualifying marks.
- For subjects like Biomedical or Biotechnology Engineering students need to have Biology as a subject in the 12th Class. Alternatively, some colleges require either Biology or Mathematics as a part of Class 12 studies.
- Students need to take an entrance examination, the scores or ranks of which will determine their admission to a college.
- Appear for Engineering Entrance Examinations – Engineering aspirants need to qualify JEE Mains or state level entrance examinations.